Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hong Kong 2012

I know, I know, I know!  Its been over a month ago but whatever! 

Garrett and I spent two weeks in HONG KONG!!!!!!!!  It was amazing!  I can't wait to go back!  We went for business but packed in alot of fun, shopping, and relaxing too!  Here are a "few pics" to recap the trip! (yes, this is only a fraction of the photos that I took!)

This is what 6 people for 2 weeks looks like!:)




 Thank goodness for business class!!!  16 hours is a LOOOONG time!
 It was raining when we arrived.  This bridge was amazing!  The biggest thing I've ever seen!  This city is full of high rise buildings!  An incredible sight!


 Our first evening looking out across the Hong Kong harbor.  They put on a light show every evening at 7.  Every building has laser lights that shine and sparkle!


 Ladies Market (trip 1).  This was probably my favorite part!  Little booths full of handbags, wallets, jewelry, and chinese trinkets for sale! 


 This is an old prison right in the middle of the city that they've turned into shopping, eating, and entertaining area.

 They still have some of the original prison cells that you can dine in!:)

 Jade Market (trip 1).  This is another awesome market with handmade jewelry and accessories.
 We stopped every afternoon for a quick refuel!


 Every evening our hotel would be flooded with fancy people including their very fancy vehicles that my husband drooled over!!!



 Our hotel also hosted a very fancy wedding one evening.  This was the staircase up to the room where they were having the reception.  The staff worked on it ALL DAY LONG!  It was magnificent!  I've never seen anything so beautiful and detailed!
 Ladies Market (trip 2).  The girls and I trying on "lense less" glasses.  They are all the rage in Hong Kong! 
 Beautiful morning in Hong Kong!  This is the view from G and my room every day!  Not bad huh?
 Garrett, Steve, & Mike traveled to Chengdu for a few days to do business.  Here they are with Mr. Young.  They were treated to a very special lunch including duck, ox tail, and turtle!  (yes, I said turtle!)




 And while the guys worked, bet you can't guess what the girls did......


 O YEAH!
 The guys returned safely from mainland China to join us for a few more days of fun in Hong Kong.
Garrett decided to have a little convo with this local gentleman who was trying to sell him a suit???  He can talk to a wall, I swear!

 Last night in Hong Kong!  Saying goodbye to our favorite hostess/waitress Sesame!  She would have a table and drinks waiting for us every evening when we returned to the hotel!


 An ice cream toast to our last morning in Hong Kong!  Garrett looks thrilled!  Before...
 AFTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Even though my heart broke to be away from my boys this long, this trip was a chance of a lifetime and I'm so glad that I went and was able to experience it with some really wonderful people!

And a huge shout out to my parents, Chief and Nana, for watching the boys for two weeks!!!  We couldn't have done this without you!  We love you both so much!!!





1 comment:

  1. That is so neat that you went to Hong Kong, I mean wow! I loved your pictures....you should post more!

    ReplyDelete