Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Catching up after a crazy weekend!

I know its Wednesday and the weekend is long past us, however, I'm just now getting pictures uploaded to share some wonderful moments from an amazing extended birthday weekend!

We started the weekend off Friday afternoon with an amazing photo shoot with Aunt Amy.  We were able to go onto Owen Field and take some pics of Cruz.  He was a little overwhelmed at first by the sheer enormity of being on a college football field especially one like OU!  After a while though, he warmed up and we got some really cool shots.  I'm only sharing one because the others may end up wrapping themselves under my Christmas tree!!!



Then Saturday brought us OU game day with lots of tailgating fun!  Cruz had 6 blow pop suckers by noon and was covered in dirt from head to toe by the time I arrived at 1pm.  (Thats what a morning with Daddy and Uncle Ryan will get you!)  He played and played until he finally crashed on the way home.  Note:  For those of you familiar with Norman.  We tailgate near Brooks and Jenkins and Cruz's eyes were shut by the time we passed the Mont!  Seriously 2 minutes people!!!


 

Sunday was a wonderful sleepy day for the Campbell's.  We want to send a sincere thank you out to the person who invented Goof Off.  We learned that as Mommy and Daddy were being lazy bums, our creative 2 year old was redecorating the coffee table.  It became a beautiful montage of Lightning McQueen stickers all in a mosaic style pattern.  I was a secretly proud of the creativity!  Plain glass coffee tables are pretty boring!  We lounged around the house until afternoon when it was time to get ready and join the entire family for a birthday dinner at Musashi's.  We had so much fun and the food was super yummy!  Thank you everyone for coming and helping to celebrate!  Special thanks to Cruz and Hailey for putting on an amazing performance of "the bumble bee song," "abc's," and "the wheels on the bus."  My birthday couldn't have been better!



And finally Monday came.  I took off work to spend the day with my two favorite gentlemen!  We went to my doctors appointment and ran some errands.  It was a pretty mellow day which I love!  Once home, Cruz decided he wanted to become a photographer just like Aunt Amy.  So he practiced and practiced!  I thought I'd share some of his first works of art.  I foresee these contemporary pieces posted in art galleries some day!





  


Have I mentioned that I love my life?  Well, I do!








No comments:

Post a Comment