Sunday, November 21, 2010

My life...

I used to be completely obsessive compulsive about the cleanliness of my house.  I wanted everything in its "place."  All the shelves dusted and picture frames in their perfect spot.  Dishes went straight into the dishwasher and never sat in the sink.  Carpets spotless and cooktop sparkling.  I used to fold clothes in neat little stacks and put them away as soon as they were clean.  I wanted my house to smell like the Pioneer Women's kitchen (I've never been there but I'm sure its lovely)!  I wanted beds made first thing in the morning and fresh sheets put on once a week.

Ok, you get the point and yes the OCD in me would still love those things, however...

I have had a Come To Jesus meeting recently and since the blessing of my two little punkins, some things have changed!









I wake up to little "treasures" every morning and it just reminds be that I am the luckiest mother & wife around!  It means that I am surrounded by people that love me.  It reminds me that my house is a home and its comfortable for my kids to play and grow here.  It reminds me that I have a roof over my head and dirty floors that others would love to have.  It reminds me that life is too short to stress over laundry and sometimes its better to have Iron Man and Hulk gum in your vegetable tray than squash and carrots!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Nice! You definitely have to change your tune when you have kids. I've given up too. We can clean but in 10 minutes it will end up right back where it was before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks about like me house, only yours looks cleaner! You are definitely a lucky mommy and wife!! They are even luckier to have you as their mommy and wife though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, Thanks Annie! Glad to know I'm not the only one girls!!!

    ReplyDelete