Monday, November 8, 2010

We're so thankful!

Besides the dark evenings, November brings on the beginning of my favorite times of the year!  The leaves begin to change and snuggly sweaters come out of storage.  Thanksgiving and Christmas bring our friends and family together for celebrations.  We get to celebrate Jesus birthday with new and old family traditions.  Our homes are filled with beautiful holiday decorations and smell of yummy scents like pumpkin pie and cinnamon.  Its a perfect time to reflect on how blessed and Thankful I am for my amazing family and friends and the opportunities that God keeps presenting to us everyday.

Cruz and I were having our regular morning conversation today full of intellectual facts and nonsense!  I love this time of day because he is totally chatty and usually has something very very important to say.

This morning as I explained why we celebrate Thanksgiving, I asked him what he was thankful for today.  I'm looking at him in my rear view mirror.  Cute little face just concentrating and thinking so hard.  After a few seconds he looks at me completely serious and says, "Mommy, I'm really thankful for 11 and 12!"  After a little chuckle I said, "Well its a good thing!  I bet 13 is really thankful for 11 and 12 too!"  What a hoot!  These are the kind of stories that I never want to forget!  I love how the 3 year old mind is so simple and straight forward!"  We should all take a moment to be especially thankful for our little ones and how much joy they bring into our lives everyday!!!





1 comment:

  1. Aww, cute story! I haven't really explained Thanksgiving to H yet. Maybe I should do that.

    ReplyDelete