Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rain, Lightening, Thunder, O My!

I've been training since January and therefore no rain, lightning, thunder, or cold was going to stand in my way.  Sunday morning was the annual OKC Memorial Marathon.  Erin and I met at 6am downtown and needless to say, we were not the only ones determined to accomplish this feat!  There were 25,000 others who were just as crazy as us! 

Anyhow, I'm happy to report that the cold and rain may have helped to numb my brain and muscles enough to allow me to finish the 13 mile half marathon in just under 3 hours (which was my goal!).  Woo Hoo!


Look how pretty Erin looks at 6am in the rain!  Really?  Not fair!
 Yes, we stopped half way around to document the moment! (and to take a pee break!:))

 Crossing the finish line together!  Couldn't have done it without her!!!  Thank you Erin!


No comments:

Post a Comment