Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Garrett's Birthday Get Away!

Garrett has always been a "fly by the seat of your pants" kind of guy.  I think thats what drew me to him when we met because he is totally opposite of me!  I plan everything months in advance and he makes decisions 2 minutes before they become effective!  Sometime it drives me nuts and other times I wish I was more like him! 

Anyhow, he decided about 10 days before his birthday that he wanted to go to Vegas. 

And so we did!


This was how the dude sent us off the night before!  So sweet!
The first night we went to see the new Elvis Cirque show which was awesome! 
 And G won a little green!

The second night was Garrett's actual birthday so we went and had an amazing dinner at Carnevino.  Garrett ordered us a bone-in ribeye that had been dry aged for 60 days.  Holy cow!  It was delicious!
This is the bone our steak was attached to.  The waiter came and carved it right in front of us and Garrett just had to have a picture with it!  I thought he might start knawing on it in the middle of the restuarant like a puppy or something!
 And this is what you look like after you've eaten a steak that size!:)
Then we met up with the Fleeners and their band, (who were in town for the ACMA's) and partied our booties off at studio 54.  Good times!  Studio 54 is where Garrett and I spent New Years Eve in 2003 the night we got engaged in Vegas!
 And the last day, we just shopped and layed by the pool!  I got to have my first H&M experience and I was NOT disappointed!!! 

Overall, it was a whirwind of a trip but we had a blast getting some much needed R&R!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love that you got to go to H&M! So fun! And Happy Birthday to Garrett and Jett!

    ReplyDelete