Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Runner

A term I would have never used to describe myself 3 months ago!  Erin motivated me in January to start running with her in hopes that we would run the OKC Memorial half marathon together.  In January, I was thinking, "there is no way I will be able to run 3 miles much less 13!"  I stuck with our training schedule, however, and began to find myself looking forward to hitting my next milestone run!  It has kind of become addictive.  I began in hopes of taking off the last bit of baby weight (if you can even call it that after 9 months:)) and to jump myself into bikini season without feeling horrible about myself!  I never realized that I would aquire a competitive spirit with running. 

Anyhow, our first "official" run was this last Sunday for the Red Bud Classic 10K (which is 6 miles).  It was a beautiful sunny day with a light breeze great for running!  I finished in 1:20 and am so pumped to be able to add runner to my resume!  Garrett and Cruz were even there to cheer me across the finish line!  I loved every minute of it!  Now I'm totally excited about upping my training and gearing up for the OKC Memorial on May 1st!

Here we are before the race
 Crossing the finish line
 And our sweaty after picture

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, I keep telling myself I will become a "runner" to loose weight and as a release, time to think!

    ReplyDelete